- BeginnerSkill level
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater but you're not sure you're ready to dive into a full certification course? Or, are you visiting the NC coast on vacation and want a fun and exciting way to spend the day? Discovery Diving offers PADI's Discover Scuba Program that not only lets you try SCUBA to see if you like it, but also introduces you to the underwater sights North Carolina has to offer. While not an actual scuba certification, during the program, you’ll learn how to use scuba equipment in shallow water, get a quick and easy introduction to what diving is all about, and have a lot of fun!
What You'll Learn
You learn the basics you need to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Dive Master or Instructor.
- Learn what wearing scuba equipment feels like
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater
- Learn some basic skills and safety rules that will carry over to your full scuba certification course if you take the next step
We'll begin with a quick briefing to introduce you to the basics of SCUBA diving. Next, we'll head to the pool to give you your first taste of breathing underwater.
We provide the equipment, so you just need to bring a towel and a bathing suit. You’ll use all the basic SCUBA gear including:
- Bouyancy Compensating vest (BC)
- SCUBA tank
- Gauges to monitor your air supply and depth
- Weighting system
$195/person if is only one participant
$150/person if there are 2 or more participants