Master Instructor Program
- ProfessionalSkill level
We are currently eligible to use GI Bill® benefits for this program and our school is nationally accredited by ACCET, which also allows us to accept Tuition Assistance for this program.
To Sign up for VA/GI Bill® Bill funding, download and fill out, bring back the Enrollment Agreement and download the Catalog & Course Schedule
Our Program includes the following courses:
- PADI Staff Instructor
- Divemaster Mentoring
- Rescue Techniques
- Course Design and Marketing
- EFR Instructor
- PADI IDC Seminars
- Master Instructor
This program is now covered by GI Bill® education funding.
Frequently Asked Questions
How and where do I signup?
To signup please email, call (252-728-2265) or just stop in to Discovery Diving (if using Tuition Assistance please see below).
How long will the program take?
To graduate, the student must complete all of the classes. This could take approximately 6 months, depending on how dedicated the student is and how often they dive.
How often will I be going to classes/diving?
The student is not required to take a class every weekend, but if they wish to complete the program faster, we will generally have a dives available for them to take at least once a week. Most classes will be held on weekends. We are flexible; we understand that we have to work with many different schedules. We are eager to have students complete the program so we will do everything that we can to accommodate your needs.
What do I need to do before I Start My First Class?
- Tell all your friends you are taking SCUBA diving course and ask them if they would like to join you.
- Schedule an entrance interview.
- Please complete the Medical Form enclosed with your student package, please get your Medical form signed by your doctor since you are entering into a professional program.
- Note class times and date. Promptness is appreciated.
- Collect high school transcript and submit to DDC.
Where do I meet for my first class?
Students will need to come to Discovery Diving Co. 414 Orange St. in Beaufort NC 28516 252-728-2265(Scuba OK)
What do I need to bring for my first class?
You will also need to bring your bathing suit/towel and your full SCUBA kit on the first day.
How do I sign up for VA/GI Bill® funding?
- Download, fill out and bring back in a copy of the Enrollment Agreement.
- Download a copy of the Course Catalog and the training schedule, please note that attendance is mandatory but understanding that some students are still active duty we will do what we can to work around operational commitments.
- Apply for or transfer your VA/GI Bill® Benefits:
- If you have not yet applied for your VA/GI Bill® Benefits you need to download and fill out VA Form 22-1990.
- If you have already used some of your benefits you'll need to transfer the remanding funds to us and can do this by downloading and filling out VA Form 22-1995.
- This can all be done online at VONAPP.
- When applying, the name of the school is Discovery Diving Co., Inc. and the name of the program is Master Instructor Certificate.
- Collect high school transcript and submit to DDC
- Return the Enrollment Agreement with copies of any Scuba certifications we can apply for credit.
- You'll then receive an acceptance letter and receipt of transfer credit information.
- Depending on the type of VA/GI Bill® benefits you qualify for there are a few other things you'll need to know:
- If you are post 9-11, you are pretty much done. Tuition and fees will be paid directly to Discovery Diving, books and supplies money will go directly to you.
- If you are pre 9-11, you will need to certify that you are attending monthly (submit forms online) and you will be responsible for paying the tuition monthly once you've received your monthly stipend.
- We can not guarantee that your VA benefits will pay for this as we do not make the call on who gets the benefits or what amount. You are ultimately responsible for the cost of the course ($12,684.38).
What does the VA/GI Bill® cover? The VA/GI Bill® will currently pay the $12,684.38 which covers tuition and books. Also you will need to apply for any Per Diem or Stipends directly.
Is lodging available? We offer discounted barracks style lodging for those commuting in on a weekly basis, as we have space available.
Where can I go for more information? For more information on the program, please call Discovery Diving Co. at 252 728 2265 or email us at [email protected]
Where can I go for more information about my VA/GI Bill® benefits? For more information on using your VA/GI Bill® benefits, please click the following link:
How do I sign up for the program and receive TA funding?
Where can I go for more information on Tuition Assistance?
- Air Force Tuition Assistance
- Army Tuition Assistance
- Navy Tuition Assistance
- Marines Tuition Assistance
- Coast Guard Tuition Assistance
- National Guard Tuition Assistance
- Reserve Tuition Assistance
Where can I go for more information?
For more information on the program, please call Discovery Diving Co. at 252 728 2265 or email us at [email protected]
Are there any additional costs that TA does not cover?
Yes. Tuition assistance does not cover your Scuba gear or the text book. Overall, buying high quality gear will cost you about the same amount as renting gear for the duration of your program